What is Erasmus+ - Key Action 2 - Capacity building in the field of higher education
Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education support the modernisation and internationalisation of higher education in countries outside Europe - Partner Countries. These projects build on the success of the Alfa, Edu-link and Tempus programmes.
These projects aim to encourage cooperation in order to support Partner Countries in addressing challenges in the management and governance of their higher education institutions. This includes improving the quality of higher education, developing new and innovative education programmes, modernising higher education systems through reform policies as well as fostering cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives.
What does the EURASIA project hope to achieve?
As part of the Capacity building programme theEURASIA project aimed tointroduce high quality European studies programs in Indian and Chinese universities, increasing the visibility of Europe -related topics through the creation of networks in the field. This should have positive , long term effects on the participating organisationsin a context of international cooperation and dialogue. Our specific objectives were:
- to enhance EU-India and EU-China cooperation and dialogue to expand knowledge of EU global strategic objectives as articulated in the 2016 EU Global Strategy
- to meet the needs and interests of the partner countries both by developing modules in European studies for general courses and by reinforcing already established BA and MA programmes in European studies
- to set up new networks of researchers and teachers in the field of European studies.
- To encourage intercultural communication between countries and regions on the basis of shared activities
- to help improve the level of competences and skills in the area of European studies
- To support teaching staff and young researchers by providing opportunities for training, mobility and sharing best practices in teaching and training.