Course author and teacher:
Dr. Sudip Patra
O. P. Jindal Global University - India
EU financial markets: Impact of crisis and Brexit
EURASIA Thematic Areas: Business and Trade
Number of Credits: 4
Level: UG and PG
The course content has been elaborated as a result of Dr. Patra’s participation in the first EURASIA training round held in Catania, Italiy on 22nd October – 3th November, 2018, and in a short training session held in Sofia, Bulgaria between 8-12 July, 2019.
The course has been peer reviewed and validated by Assoc. Porf. Dr. Boryana Bogdanova from the Faculty of Business at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” and specialists from the Bulgarian National Bank and state financial committees.
This course has been subjected to accreditation procedures at O. P. Jindal Global University - India and is prepared for piloting as an elective course open to MBA programmes at O. P. Jindal Global University.
• basic financial market structures in EU:for example details of currency boards in Bulgaria as a case study;
• operations of ECB and its relations with EU members;
• various interrelated topics as highlighted in the draft outline.
• economtric methods and studies for the EU financial markets: impact of crisis and BREXIT.
• the limitations of policy making in current regime, and regulatory changes warranted: based on studies.
• exploring new methods of study needed in financial economics to understand the crisis and complexity of the financial systems.
• critical thinking ability and analytical skills developed: for example, econometric analysis;
• comprehensive knowledge of the current regulatory and policy making regime through studying technical papers;
• relevant skills in case study method and econometric studies through group projects.
• student presentations on topics such as currency board, ECB policy regimes, non-standard monetary policies
• Group projects